Billing and Receivables Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate schedule for job billings and work with Project Managers to determine monthly progress billings and Client approved billings for finals. Prepares and sends final invoices to customer.
- Prepares customer progress billings using AIA document G702/G703 and invoice templates.
- Maintain receivables aging report and work daily on collections, reporting to the PMs and management weekly on collections status and progress.
- Logging incoming payments, preparing and making bank deposits.
- Completing all client waiver requests, prepares and sends Notice of Intents and works with management to prepare Lien filings when necessary.
- Using company templates and handwritten proposals from Estimators, types formal Project Bid proposals and Change Orders for review and approval by the Estimators/project Managers.
- Backup for incoming phone calls, applicant reception and other office duties.
- Knowledgeable of the other office Administrators work and must be capable to fill in when needed and back up other Administrators when workload demands it.
- Light Bookkeeping.
- Processing Augmentation.
- Must be willing to review and augment procedures.
- May be assigned other duties from time to time.*
Great Benefits Package
· Health and Life Insurance
· 401K Plan
· Profit Sharing
· Paid Vacation/Sick Days
· Annual salary starting at $50,000 with little over timeJob Type: Full-time Salary: $50,000.00 /year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organization skills are required to organize and stay on schedule of daily work.
- Excellent telephone skills are essential to deal with customers, especially with collections task.
- Must have prior experience with Quickbooks and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (not necessarily with charts and graphs though). We will provide online proficiency tests to be taken, before initial interview.
- Working knowledge of and ability to adhere to the company’s resources, methods and procedures for the tasks to be performed and the ability to use sound judgment and decision making.
- 5+ years’ experience in billing and collections is required; must have prior experience in a small office environment working in a small team environment; must be willing to report to a manager; prior experience in the contracting industry is highly preferred
- Education: Postsecondary education in bookkeeping or accounting is helpful and preferred but not required.